Chair: Jean Kilker
The mission of TLD is to promote literacy and academic achievement through student engagement, curriculum support, and collaboration through the school library and throughout the school community.
Our mission is fulfilled by:
- Offering opportunities for professional development, such as AzLA and other conferences
- Networking with other teacher-librarians, through our statewide email list, regular meetings, and the AzLA Newsletter
- Promoting state-wide literature programs, such as the Grand Canyon Reader Awards and ONEBOOKAZ for Kids
- Supporting legislative and educational advocacy with local, state, and national organizations
- Providing leadership opportunities
TLD holds at least six meetings throughout the year. All meeting times are 9:00 a.m. - 9:30am (social time) and meeting from 9:30am - 12:00 noon, unless otherwise noted.
An important part of our meetings is a short presentation on a Focus / Best Practices. This will be decided on the by hosting library. The Focus information will be announced when the agenda is posted.
Teacher-Librarian Division Activities
Stay up to date on TLD activities by visiting these sites and participating in the e-mail list.
TLD on Facebook
Be sure to check out the TLD Facebook page. Virtually network with other Teacher Librarians and keep up with the latest TLD happenings.
TLD E-mail List
Please go to http://www.azla.org/?page=AzLAListservs to subscribe/unsubscribe to the TLD listserv.
To send an email to the listserv:
- You must be on the list.
- Note that you must be a subscriber with the same email address that you are sending the email from. (If you are registered on the list with your home email address, you must send the email from your home computer.)
- Send an email to TLD@list.azla.org and everyone on the list will receive it.
- To reply to the list, select reply to list or reply all.
Grand Canyon Reader Award
Since 1977, the Grand Canyon Reader Award (formerly, the Arizona Young Readers' Award) has had a place among the national children's literature awards.
AzLA members are welcome to join the Teacher Library Division Group.