Are you a current LIS student or recent graduate? Build your library technical, marketing and social media management experience while actively engaging with your local professional association. The Arizona Library Association is seeking an intern to assist in managing the AzLA website, conference website, and social media accounts. Work for this internship will be completed remotely.
- Adapts content to web format.
- Assists the AzLA web developer with edits to AzLA organization website and associated microsites.
- Participates in Web & Social Media monthly one hour meetings.
- Assists in organizing information and sharing digital assets, including applying metadata schemas.
- Assists in managing social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Assists with preparations for the 2016 AzLA Annual Conference on social media and the organization website.
Familiarity with HTML and CSS is required.
An ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with responsive design principles and implementation.
- Have experience working with content management system software, such as WordPress or Drupal.
AzLA is a state chapter of the American Library Association and promotes library service and librarianship in libraries of all types in the state of Arizona. Our current web properties are www.azla.org, 2016.azla.org, newsletter.azla.org, and culd.azla.org.
To learn more about AzLA and the Committee visit: http://www.azla.org/?page=WebSocialNetworking
Email a resume and a brief letter of interest to email@example.com and Andrew.See@nau.edu. Questions may be directed to Amanda Brite at firstname.lastname@example.org.