Please consider contributing your time for long and short-term projects that will benefit AzLA Divisions, Committees, Interest Groups, and all Arizona library staff. Volunteer positions range in scope and time requirement, and will be updated as new opportunities arise.
Contact information can be found individually under each posting for questions or to submit your interest.
Thank you for your help, and continued support of AzLA!
Committee Member or Outreach Assistance
Marketing and Advocacy Committee | Contact: Michael Schor
- Assist with the development of marketing materials and plans to promote the association benefits to members and non-members.
- Help with outreach efforts; in particular the Tucson Festival of Books.
- Monthly meetings (usually 2nd Fridays from 9-11am, virtual or in-person) and some limited time based on projects and outreach efforts.
- Your participation is based on your skills and availability.
Statewide Presenter Database Organizer
Public Library Division | Contact: Bethany Wilson
- Review presenter lists submitted by libraries for duplicates.
- Confirm provided information for presenters is accurate.
- Create fillable spreadsheet in PLD Google Doc listing presenter information by region for AzLA member use.
- Project estimated at three months.
- 1-2 hours works/week.
Grand Canyon Reader Award Committee | Contact: Kerrlita Westrick & Shirley Berow
Simply read a selection of books, make comments and meet with the committee once or twice a year to make final selections.
It depends on how many books you chose to read and which committee you are on. For the picture book committee it is probably about 5-6 hours and for the teen committee it is probably 30-40 hours.